Drew, Interactive Media Student.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

My Intentions

My career in design began in high school where I chose to study Art and also Design Technology, the subjects where I obtained my highest grades. I had always been interested in drawing from a young age and so this was a natural choice for me to make. Following high school I progressed to Pontefract NEW College where I studied Arts and Crafts, Media Studies and Technology. It was at this point I had decided that a career in the creative industry was something I wanted, as I had picked three very creative subjects. After completing my A levels the next stop was to discover which area of design I belonged to and so I came to Wakefield College to study in Art Foundation, on completion of the course I had decided that I was to study Illustration and so applied to University and was accepted at the University of Central Lancashire. On reaching the third year of University my work had developed and I had started to produce my work in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and had a look of fashion Illustration, a sleek and vibrant style similar to that found in magazines and advertisements. Having finished my three year degree obtaining BA Honours 2:2 I felt I was ready to join the design industry and set about applying to companies for positions in design. What I soon discovered was that the positions available required a wider range of program knowledge than I had obtained so far. Though I was slightly downhearted I remained determined and applied to Wakefield College to study Web Design, where I now hope to find the necessary skills to forward my career. I hope to learn a wide range of skills on the course and to further develop my existing skills the desired objective is to then find a job in a design company or department. I believe I can achieve this goal if I stay focused and complete this course with a good digital portfolio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home