Drew, Interactive Media Student.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Web Hosting

20/09/06- I had been slightly troubled in the lead up to this class, as it had been one of my weekly objectives to research web hosting. After looking at several sites I came to the conclusion that I was totally lost, they were talking about e-mail accounts and FTP. This all seemed foreign to me I could understand if I were offered one email account but some packages included up to 30. After attending class on Wednesday my worries were soon alleviated, we were given a lecture and things like FTP (File Transfer Protocol) were explained to us we learnt more in depth about what we would require regarding web space as the amounts of space on offer ranged from 100MB to unlimited amounts. After the lecture we were given time to work on our projects which is always useful, this was later followed by a lecture on reflective evaluation. We were given tips on evaluating ourselves, this I feel will be useful, as a major part of learning is looking back at where you have gone wrong and then learning from it in the future. Overall I left class on Wednesday feeling very much enlightened and very relieved, I felt ready to get going with web design and quite certain that a qualification in web design was not far out of reach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home