Drew, Interactive Media Student.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Adobe Pagemaker

27/09/2006- After a week that flew by I went back to class today nervous, as usual, that I might not have done enough work. As always my fears were quashed as it turned out I had kept up to speed with everybody, thank god.
Today we were given a lecture on layout and how to design a grid to help us achieve a professional design, to teach us the basics of this we used a program called 'Adobe PageMaker'. I really enjoyed the lesson today as it was the first time we got onto to a computer and got to experiment with design, but in addition I feel I have picked up some very useful knowledge. Before we started the course it had been one of my objectives to learn about structured layout as, in the past, all my work has been done by eye and in fear of a ruler, so today was a definite bonus for me.
In the afternoon we got together in our discussion groups and talked about; what we had done so far, what we were going to do next and offered each other advice. I have been paired with Dean, a member of the class who is also doing the HNC version of the course, and I find it very beneficial to compare our work as we seem to tackle the project from different angles.
Overall today has been great and I came away from class feeling motivated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home