Drew, Interactive Media Student.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

The End is Nigh







11/10/06 – Today was a really useful day in college, I felt a real benefit from the lectures and the feedback I gained.


The day began with a lecture from course tutor John about how to use Blogger in addition to the benefits of using Blogger. This turned out to be a valuable exercise as it cleared up a few questions that I had that were so far unanswered. I also learned how to spell peer when referring to a person who is equal to another in abilities, qualifications, age, background, and social status.


Later in the day we were given further opportunity to work on our projects which was a relief. I had been trying to access the student intranet from home but without success, it turned out I was using the wrong password and login ID. At first opportunity I got the essay template so I could format my written work correctly.


Formatting the work helped me gain a better understanding of PageMaker and I even taught myself how to set up a font style, which I was quite impressed with, that allowed me to use bullet points.


I feel my understanding of PageMaker is growing and I am really enjoying the production side of the work.


The final part of the afternoon was spent with Diane, a recent addition to the staff and former student of the course, talking to her was a really useful experience and I gained some good tips on how to improve my design. Diane was able to highlight the areas that needed improvement that I knew existed but couldn’t quite put my finger on.


Overall a successful day, I am really excited about the work I am producing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home