Drew, Interactive Media Student.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Stereo Typical!

This week at college was another week to just crack on with our work, which I believe was what everybody needed it to be.

It was good to come in and have something to occupy my mind having just woken up to find my car had been broken into and my stereo stolen, at least somebody will be getting a new(ish) stereo for Christmas. Personally I find shopping at Argos easier.

The position I found myself in regarding work was that I had produced all my written work and put it into the template and that I had left the design work to the end. This was intentional as a falling point in the last project was that I spent too much time playing with my design and left putting my written work in the template to the last minute. A mistake I won’t make again.

Having the written work finished a week in advanced helped me identify a few changes I need to make. Also Dean pointed out the word count to me and I myself had written just short of 5000 words. Although I was pleased to have exceeded the word count it will now be a task to edit the words down choosing which to leave out.

Next time I will make sure I am aware of the limitations on words so that this, hopefully, will not be a problem.

I have gotten the feedback page finished and I am now putting the finishing touches to my homepage, let me know what you think of the design.


I expect that this won’t be the final appearance as at the moment I am not completely happy with the design myself.

Am pleased with the stage I am at currently as I feel much more relaxed than I did at this point in the last project, especially as the only work remaining is the design work, which is my favourite part.

This is a method of working I shall maintain, to get the more dull and/or monotonous work done first so that I can work towards doing the more exciting work.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 at 2:37:00 PM GMT, Blogger Ben Waller said...

I exceeded the word count too. I dont know why but I find it much harder to cut words than too add them! I always tend to worry that I am going to cut out key points but I am sure that you will be fine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home