Drew, Interactive Media Student.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Interview Part Two

Describe yourself in 3 words

Colourful, Artistic, Driven

How would you measure the effectiveness of Interactive Media products?

I would measure the effectiveness by conducting user tests and gaining feedback. I would have the product tested with its target audience to gain feedback. In addition if it were a website I was testing I would test it in several different browsers to ensure that it was performing correctly in each of them.

How would you handle criticism?

I am not unfamiliar with receiving criticism; in my educational experiences I have studied in artistic subjects where I have had to be involved in many group critiques and so I am used to receiving opinions of others on my work both good and bad. Also I am aware that when somebody gives their opinion they are offering you a chance to improve your work and so it is meant as a positive thing. I would not take criticism negatively due to these factors.

Describe a difficult problem you have encountered and how you have solved it?

Whilst studying interactive media I have been faced with problems on various occasions when it has come to self study. One of these occasions would be when I had to make my first ever website, I had no previous knowledge and I was finding this very difficult. I overcame this by making numerous attempts at my website and each time I made a mistake I would start over instead of looking for a quick fix. I found that in doing this I was able to learn the subject in depth and it also ensured that the final product performed perfectly. I found this was time consuming but in the end very rewarding.

Describe how you fit into a team.

As I am quite a driven, decisive, diplomatic person I would say that firstly I’d contend to be the leader in a team or group of people. However if I am not the most suitable person for that role then I am a very good team player and am always willing to play a supporting role.

Do you have any other questions?

Will there be much opportunity for promotion within the company?

Do you have any bonus or incentive schemes?

What was the reason for the position becoming available? Is the company growing?

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 17, 2007 at 8:27:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Ben Waller said...

Its interesting to see that you would measure effectiveness of interactive products by user tests/feedback. I think that ideally this would be the preferred method but I don't know what this would be like in industry. Like Dave Pannell said when he visited several weeks ago they tend to design for the client and effectiveness is measured on if they are happy with the design. This is probably to do with the timescales they work within so would be interesting to see what other companies think too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home