Drew, Interactive Media Student.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

From A to B

A. As I embark on a new semester at college I will now start to look at my plans for the next 6 months and what I hope to achieve.

First of all I would hope that in this semester I can achieve an average grade of a merit, at least. This would be a great achievement for me as in the first year I achieved only pass grades.

To gain a merit grade for the first project would be my first goal; from there I can hope to again achieve more merit grades or continue on the road of improvement and achieve a distinction grade.

I hope to improve my grades by applying more emphasis on my time planning. Where I feel I have lost marks in the past is either my actual time planning or as a result of bad time planning. What I propose to do to counteract this is to make a more specific plan from the outset in addition to making my usual daily plan that is produced week by week. By monitoring this I hope to achieve better results in all aspects of the project.

Also with my improved time planning I will produce a checklist of submission criteria which I will then be able to mark off as I progress which will help me see the steps I am making towards completion of each project.

By making these changes I hope that my grades will improve.

Aside from my grades I also hope to become proficient in using CSS, this is the programming language I have looked forward to learning the most. This is because I have often looked at jobs roles that are available in the current market and most wed design roles require applicants to be able to use the language.

I feel that if I am to be a success when I leave this course to achieve this goal is a must.

In addition to learning CSS I am also looking forward to learning Flash as I am already familiar with using vector art, I think this is a skill that I can transfer across to this program and produce some great work.

B. In the future, 2-3 years time, I hope that I am working in a company that offers Graphic and web design services. I hope that I am in a role within a company in which I get to use both of these skills.


My plan when I finish this course is to look for employment straight away, had I not already completed a Degree qualification in Illustration I would have considered topping up my qualification or doing some further study.

However with my past experience I now feel more than ready to enter the world of work in the design industry. I hope to achieve this by a professional portfolio site and lots of enthusiasm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home