Drew, Interactive Media Student.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Speed Data... ing

This week at college was our user test for our website so far. I thought that I was going to struggle to get this done on time and even thought there was a possibility at one point that I wouldn’t have all my pages done.

However with a good long session on Tuesday and some MSN help from Dreamweaver Dr Dean I managed to get it done.

I was quite nervous about showing it to everyone as I have spent too long looking at it and playing around with the site. It has got to the point now where I find it hard to be objective.

The way in which were to assess each others site was to produce a questionnaire and have it ready for Wed, we would then leave a stack at our computer where we would open up our web page.

This was a task in itself I hadn’t successfully been able to upload my site to the web and so I had to show my site off the USB stick. This was a bit of a disappointment as I think everyone else was running theirs from the web.

So we all stood up and moved to the computer to our right, looked over the site and completed a questionnaire, very much like speed dating.

We then got to read through our questionnaires and collate all the information we had gathered.

I was pleased to find that my peers had liked my site and felt it was of a good standard, this was really reassuring.

Some of the concerns I had had about the site were whether I should have an image for each category on the site and the way in which I had laid out the information. On my site I have mixed in the images and text together. I could see most people had formatted there site to have images on a column on the left and all the images parallel on an equally sized column on the right. This was a way I felt, when building my webpage, that I should have done it too.

The feed back I received was mixed and six people commented that I should have formatted my site in this way and six people commented that it should stay the same. The was the main point that was raised with my sight and one that I will consider.

In the afternoon we then got on with our assignments and making any changes.

Overall I came away from the session very happy with the work I have produced and I’m looking forward now to my week off.

My site has made it onto the internet now so check it out in case you didn’t get enough before. www.drewellis.co.uk

2 Comments:

At Friday, February 16, 2007 at 7:14:00 PM GMT, Blogger Craig Burgess said...

I really liked your design Drew, some nice work you've put in there.

And now you've got feedback you can decide what to change and what to keep.

Double result.

 
At Monday, February 19, 2007 at 5:17:00 PM GMT, Blogger Ben Waller said...

For 6 people to tell you to change something and then a different 6 people to say don't change it I think the best think you could could do is just go with what you feel looks the best. That is the good thing about feedback because you still have the final say on your site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home