Drew, Interactive Media Student.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Back to Back to Basic

On returning to college this week after our half term break we were all pleased to see that we had a new carpet, I personally didn’t notice but it was brought to my attention and it was very nice.

It had been good to have time off but also I was glad to be back as we are approaching the deadline now and I am looking forward to having my first website handed in and graded.

It is hard to believe that 3 months ago I wouldn’t have had the first clue as to how to how to produce and build a website, so it’s quite exciting now to be at the stage where my first one is finished.

I feel really eager to go on now and produce my next sight and I’m excited to hear what the new project might be.

This is the first time that we will hand in a project and then receive our new brief the following week so I think it will feel quite irregular as we usually take a break between briefs because of holidays. I feel that this won’t have any negative effect though as I have been used to this way of working in the past on my previous courses.

On Wednesday we were also given a talk by a previous student Johnny who has now found himself a very reputable job within a design company. The company produce sights for large corporations such as Morrison’s and the BBC.

It was really interesting to hear how Johnny works within the company and his experience he had trying to find himself the job in the first place.

The company seemed to contrast with ‘The Design Mechanics’ quite a lot. The contrast mainly was due to the design mechanics would have large numbers of clients with quick turn around and low prices. In this instance it seemed that they would take much more time over each website ensuring it was well worth the expense that a company would pay for it.

One of the surprises was to hear how much they would pay for a third party company to carry out user tests.

I have to say after this talk it made me want to aim for the highest I possibly can and I was in admiration of the position that Johnny had achieved.

After lunch we worked on our websites and Johnny stayed around for us to ask him for his help, which was useful.

Also Steve brought in a prospective student for next years HNC who I had a really good chat with and she seemed really nice.

Overall it was a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home