Drew, Interactive Media Student.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Going Logo

Logos were still the topic of conversation this week at college. When we first arrived in class we were given a brief recap on the main points raised in our lecture from last week.

After the recap we then took it in turns to go up to the board and show a logo that we have found whilst compiling our research.

People showed some interesting logos, I didn’t get to show one unfortunately as it was time for a break. Not that I’m complaining.

We were also given our CD of our chosen band or group, I was given my Black Dust CD, I didn’t get to listen to it till after dinner as I had to get my headphones from my car.

The CD was a bit of a relief after hearing the one that Rich got, his was a bit of a trance CD and I don’t think I would have lasted 5 minutes with that one, mine was a nice easy listening CD and I had a quite enjoyable time listening to it and working on my designs. I felt this was a relief and I am pleased that although it is not at all my taste in music that I will be able to listen to it in order to get a job done.

When we first came back from lunch we all had a group discussion on our time planning and the importance of getting this right, we all came up with a way of recording this that suited everyone. I am quite pleased that we got this sorted out as this is an area of my work which has suffered in the past.

I have now got to a stage where I have come up with quite a few different logo designs that I am quite pleased with, this is the first time I feel I have done justice to this stage of the design process. Looking at what I have produced this time I can see this amount of early development was lacking in previous projects. In the past I seem to have gone straight to the PC and played around with my design on screen which has meant all development of the final design has been lost along the way, this is due to not saving my progress.

When I take these initial ideas to the computer this time I will try my best to record this progress to put in my sketchbook.

4 Comments:

At Friday, March 23, 2007 at 5:14:00 PM GMT, Blogger Scott Dunwoodie said...

I like your idea of recording the development of your digital designs, I also delete designs in the early stages of a concept.

If I were to keep a record of them in a similar way to "sketchbooks roughs" then I could revisit them later to develop the designs further.

As I have actually done this in my Sketchbook earlier on in the week!

 
At Friday, March 23, 2007 at 11:13:00 PM GMT, Blogger Craig Burgess said...

Yeah I feel much the same way this time around, I feel like I'm recording a lot more of my development process, and I'm trying to make it seem obvious how I've gone from one incarnation of a logo to the next.

I didn't initially like any of my digitised logos, but after revisiting the sketchbook I feel like I've come up with four that can be developed into something good.

 
At Monday, March 26, 2007 at 9:46:00 PM GMT+1, Blogger Dean said...

I must admit the time I spent doing rough sketches has been made up considerably.

I could go straight to the PC and create my best ones without having to experiment for hours like I usually do. Would love to learn more about Freehand as it has fascinated me today what it can do.

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2007 at 12:41:00 PM GMT+1, Blogger Mirhad Kalabic said...

You say that you couldn't last 5 minutes with something that you dont like. But like Steve keeps saying, its important that we detatch ourselves for the things "we like", in the real world we won't be given the chance to pick and choose what we work on. Which is the reason that he chose such an obscure music genre, I dont think he expected any of us to like what we were listening to.

Having said that, mine isnt the worst in the group wither. Very listenable and relaxing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home