Drew, Interactive Media Student.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Over The Moon

It was the big day this week, we were handing in our first website. I had been so nervous over the past week making sure that I was going to get everything done and so to calm myself down I booked Tuesday off work to make sure I had a full day to myself to prepare the assignment.

I am really pleased that I did this as this was the most relaxed deadline I have had yet, all my previous hand ins on the course have been rather rushed. I do feel like I have finally triumphed with my time planning.

When I went in on Wednesday morning many of the class were already there and I was early, everyone was ready to get on with their work and we all started working before 9.

It felt really great to be able to put the finishing touches to my work on the morning and then after break take the time to just check through it all for those little mistakes that creep through. I felt really confident that everything was to the best standard of which I was capable and so I was ready for the submission at 12 o’clock.

Submitting at 12 made me feel like I had really achieved something as I had expected the whole class to have been submitting their work at 12 too and this was one of the factors that spurred me on to make sure that I would be ready at this time too.

I am really pleased with my website that I have submitted and the feedback I have had from everybody has been great.

Even when I show my friends they often comment that it looks professional in quite a surprised tone of voice, which is a bit of a backhanded compliment, but a compliment never the less.

I am really excited now about furthering my skills and making my next website, I think I will aim a bit higher and try something more complicated next time. If I shoot for the moon and miss at least I will land among the stars.

Overall I couldn’t be happier and I just hope that I have achieved all that was required.

1 Comments:

At Monday, March 12, 2007 at 12:48:00 PM GMT, Blogger Craig Burgess said...

Glad that you're happy with what you've produced Drew, you deserve to be.

You made a good website there.

I felt relaxed handing it in at 12 too, best feeling ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home