Drew, Interactive Media Student.

Friday, March 30, 2007

More Logo Related Japes.

Wednesday at college was a productive day. I kind of have mixed feelings about it though.

The day started off with us submitting our time plans, unfortunately my understanding was that we were submitting our completed time plans from the previous week and so I quickly had to produce one for this coming week.

Once the lesson began we knew that we were to present our logo designs that we had produced over the past week.

As I was the only one who slipped the net last week it was my good fortune to present my logos first, it was a bit tricky as I always think that you can get an idea of how to present your work from those who have gone before you, I had no fear of standing up and showing my ideas though and so I feel this was a real positive.

In my previous courses I have had experience of crits and so I am used to receiving constructive criticism.

What I found from showing my ideas is that people actually thought that my fourth idea was the best. This idea actually came third on my personal preferences and so I wasn’t completely happy with this outcome.

I then spent the day further developing the idea and made some real progress some interesting results came from playing around with the idea and some happy accidents occurred.

I found that by moving the shapes of my design so that they overlapped I had actually created the letters AW.


I am going to carry on developing the idea now until I have come up with a version that I am satisfied with. I think that I will be able to come up with a logo that I feel is the best standard but not one that personally is my taste, if I can do this then I will be satisfied with my ability as a designer that I am able to detach myself from my work, as I have done with this project.

Here is the latest version of my logo with the first version also please let me know of any improvements that you think I could make.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, March 31, 2007 at 9:28:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Dean said...

The first version of the logo is fab. To have created an 'A' and 'W' from the saturn type look is great, it is also one of those subliminal logos that you really have to look for.

The trick now is to find a font that matches the job to just finish it off. Try it in a pastel colour and lay the font over the top so it stands out. It may work or may not but it would allow you to have overlayed text instead of trying to fit it in the gap. Alternatively try the text at the bottom/top etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home